Reinforce and advance your sewing skills while making a pair of pull-on pants. Pattern fitting, making a muslin (a trial run of a pattern cut out of muslin, old bed sheets, or any suitable inexpensive fabric you have on hand to use for precise fitting), making a casing for elastic, seam finishes, and hemming skills will be part of this project.
Confident beginner: must be confident with basic sewing machine skills, be able to sew a straight line and slight curves
Participants will need (Call Sandy's if you have any questions about this list.):
1) Pants pattern with elastic waistband - Choose a pattern that is suitable for woven fabric. Be sure to purchase a pattern based on your actual measurements rather than the size you usually purchase for ready made clothing,
2) Muslin, old bed sheets, or any suitable inexpensive fabric you have on hand to make a trial run pair of pants
3) Woven fabric for your pants - you will not need this for the first class
4) Sewing machine - Call ahead if you need to use a shop machine. You will not need a sewing machine for the first class
5) Basic sewing supplies: scissors, pins, tape measure, thread, pins, marking pens, and seam rippers, elastic